So I followed the recipe described here, and here are the things that gets newbies confused. (At least I was confused.)
- If you can, get the chicken cubes about a square inch each, smaller than that will be too small.
- Don't bother about the chilli powder, your dish will still look great.
- Garlic's volume will reduce once you start mincing it. 6 medium sized cloves of garlic will be enough for 500g of chicken.
- Don't worry about all purpose flour / Maida / corn flour. Use whatever you have. I had to use 3 tbsp of all purpose corn flour, and it was good. but don't add all of the flour at once, do it gradually as you mix, that way the marinate won't get too thick.
- When you fry the rest of the garlic paste and the chillies, make sure you have removed most of the oil from the pan that you used for frying, and left about 2 tbsp of oil only.
- A better way to know when your onion and bell pepper are done is check that the onion has become transparent and the green of the bell pepper has paled.
Here are some pics!
The marinated chicken
Half of the final product!